3.13.2009

'I Will Survive' will help you through a break-up

I have had very few relationships in my life considering I have known my husband since I was 12 years old. But there was a brief time period in our life as a couple where we found it best to go our separate ways. (We had a lot of growing to do between 10th and 11th grade). It is what I refer to as the "dark year." For that reason, I only have one song that really means anything to me in regards to a break up.

I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor

At the school talent show, Grant sang this song. I remember sitting in the audience thinking, "What the hell is he trying to do to me? So it was that hard being with me that you describe life after me as 'survival'?" To this day he swears that he covered it because Cake covered it and he liked Cake. Yeah, whatever. Glad it helped one of us.

No comments: