3.10.2009

The food saver is a winner!

New Food Saver by webg33k

One of my favorite places on the planet is the county fair. It has the whole package; fried food, animals, rides and carnies. One part of the fair that can't be skipped are the warehouses full of arts and crafts, chiropractors ready to give you an adjustment the famous "As Seen on TV" items for sale. I think of this place as a safe haven from the heat of the summer. What I do not think of this place is a place to go shopping. In fact, talking to any of the sales people in there terrifies me a bit. I have gotten good at avoiding an unwanted conversation.

1. DO NOT MAKE EYE CONTACT.
2. When they ask you if you would like to "Try this fabulous new (fill in the blank) pretend you don't hear them.
3. Eat a funnel cake. The thing is covered in powdered sugar and there is no way they are going to want your sticky hands anywhere near their product.

So, I would like to say I have never been duped by any infomercial item but that would be a lie. Although I did not buy it at the fair, my mom and sister and I went in on a Food Saver for my Dad. My father is IMPOSSIBLE to buy for mainly because he wants nothing for his birthday and when you ask him what he wants he says sternly, "I don't want anything for my birthday. And I am serious. Dead serious."

You see how helpful he is. We have to go practical when it comes to Dad's gifts. Since he is known for his smoked salmon and it stores best in a vacuumed sealed bag, this was the perfect option. He loves it and uses it all the time. To this day he will still say "That as a really good gift."

Woot!

No comments: