8.09.2007

Oh...you were talking to me?

The other day I think I was hit on. I say "think" because I think that most of times I am hit on (like men just flock to me or something...hilarious) I am oblivious to what is going on. Basically I have been married, well for about 12 years. Ok, so officially almost two, but Grant and I have been together for as long as I can remember. I think even that brief period we were not together, we both knew we would find each other again. Therefore, I always feel like I am walking around with a giant neon sign flashing over my head that says "TAKEN! TAKEN!"

So if and when it does happen, I am either completely unaware of what is taking place, obviously trying to ignore the advances, or laughing nervously. The other day, I was demonstrating "completely unaware."

I was waiting to cross the street and there was a line of cars stopped at the red light to my left. I thought I saw someone motion to me from a car. I looked and saw nothing. The motioning occurred again. So I looked once again at a gentleman a black convertible, waving to me...with his fingers. Um, creepy. I did not know the gentleman so I thought he must be waving to someone behind me...so I looked. Of course there was no one there and now I feel like a complete idiot. So, I fixed my eyes on the stop light in front of me and refused to peel my gaze away. I mean, I can't look again! I married for God sake! Do you not see my giant neon sign, sir! Meanwhile, the man began to rev his engine to, I don't know, scare me or something. As he peeled out in a last ditch effort to make me all hot and bothered for him, bothered being the operative word, I thought to myself, thank God I never had to play the dating game. As evidence from above, I would have surely lost.

No comments: