7.25.2007

Welcome home...

There are a variety of reasons why coming home from vacation sucks. Lucky for us, Grant and I came home to a clean house. I am still not sure how this happened but I am pretty sure gnomes were somehow involved. Even more miraculous, we unpacked within an hour of being home instead of next week, or next Christmas, like we usually seem to do.

One of my favorite activities on this vacation was to go for walks at whatever time of the day I wanted. My walks were not dictated but pesky alarm clocks or work hours. One thing Grant said to me on one of our daily walks was, "Everyone says 'hello' here." It was true; we never passed a fellow vacationer and/or retiree without hearing a friendly greeting of some kind.

So I my walk today I guess I expected the same treatment from passers-by. Well we all know what happens when one assumes. Not a single person that I passed in this quaint and pleasant little town of my mine said so much as hello to me. Vacation is officially over.

No comments: