7.01.2007

Growing up boy/girl

I am not one to buy into gender stereotypes. Girls can play with trucks and get dirty. Boys can play dress up and "house" and fight over who gets to be the mommy at preschool and not grow up gay. (Seriously, ask my mother-in-law about that one...true story). But these beliefs of mine are up against societies norms so lets just face the facts, people.

"Are transformers good guys or bad guys?"

"That depends. Some are good guys and some are bad guys."

"Which is which?"

"The Autobots are the good guys and Decepticons are the bad guys."

"Oh."

"Ok, I will tell you the name of a transformer and you tell me if it is an Autobot or a Decepticon."

"Ok."

"Optimus Prime."

"Decepticon"

"What!?! Decepti...how can you? You know what, we can't talk about this anymore."

So what if I didn't know. What I do know is that anytime I was around any boys playing with those silly little action figure things, they always found a way to ruin a perfectly fancy and lady-like tea party I was having with my Rainbow Brite dolls and My Little Ponies. How rude!

1 comment:

Brittaney said...

When I was a kid my transformers and GI Joes used to fight the evil "Barbie Giant". I was never a Barbie fan but was given many an amazon princess as gifts. Optimus Prime, on the other hand, was one of my all time favs. JS.