7.10.2007

I are smart.

Someone I work with has a daughter that is going to Yale. When I hear things like this I wonder if maybe I was aiming low when I applied (and later was accepted) to Sacramento State. Did I really try? Should I have gone for something more impressive on paper just to say I did it?

As my co-worker talked about Yale, I sort of tuned her out a bit and these thoughts crossed my mind again today like they have million times before...

Yale.....I wonder if I had tried if I could have gotten into Yale....well maybe not Yale...maybe Cal at least....or maybe UCLA...sigh....where is Yale? Seriously...I have no idea, what the hell is wrong with me. Well, I can't ask her! What will she think? She is standing in front of my desk...I can make it look like I am working when in fact I am googling "where is Yale." That's right Heather, just keep smiling...just keep nodding....Connecticut! Excellent....

"Wow, so Connecticut is going to get pretty cold, huh!"

Good save...

Yeah, I think Sac State was a good choice. I don't think my interviews with the staunchy Yale guy would have gone over very well:

Staunchy Yale Man: And do you have any questions for us Miss Andersen?
Me: Um, yes actually...where are you located?

1 comment:

Brittaney said...

If Elle Woods made it at Harvard Law you could definitely made it at Yale. Also, you could have chatted up Rory Gilmore at the coffee stand. Just saying.