6.17.2007

Wow.

We bought a Dyson on woot.com the other day. It was a great deal and I am really excited that we have it.

Grant, however, seems to be experiencing something that is difficult to describe. Elation maybe? In the days leading up to its arrival, he was acting as though we were days away from the arrival of our first child.

It was late when we came home on Sunday. It had a been a long day, a long weekend really, and when we got home I walked right past the vacuum without a second thought. I had a few quick things to do before bed and that was it. Clearly there would be no time to vacuum. At 10:30 I realized I had not seen Grant for a awhile so I called downstairs.

"Honey, what are you doing?"

silence...

"Nothing."

That was a loaded "nothing." "Nothing," in reality was him putting his new baby together. When I came downstairs, I found him with his hand gripping tightly on the handle and he had a look on his face that can only be described as pure and utter joy.

I just looked at him with an expression that tried to convey, "It is late. What the hell are you doing?" But nothing could ruin that moment for him. He just looked at me with his child-like eyes and said, "It is our vacuum honey!"

He named her Regina.

4 comments:

Grant said...

Regina and I are very happy together.

Unknown said...

seems like a sexist name...

Toni said...

Congratulations Grant! May your life with Regina be full of happy times spent together. Also, could our Dysons have a play date sometime?

Kimmy said...

we got our new dyson today and i am in love, so i can share your feelings of adoration for this wonderful wonderful machine.

we've only been together a few hours but have already had so many adventures together.

congrats!