3.28.2007

Conversations with Jessie

At dinner, we were discussing at what age our parents allowed us to reach certain milestones as growing young girls. One thing, for example, ear piercing. For me it was 12, for Jessie, 10...whatever, no bitterness here. Make-up came up as well. I think the first time I got to wear make-up was to 6th grade promotion and it was tinted lip gloss. Junior High was the first time that we both started experimenting with all the wonder that is make-up. Oh, the make-up techniques of a 13 year old in the early 90's. The color combinations we concocted on our face were criminal.

Heather: When did you start wearing make-up?
Jessie: Junior High. I think Mom let me wear, you know, powder and clear lip gloss at first. But then I started to use your make-up and it was all over. I think at that point she didn't really care. She would just look at me and say, "Fine. Whatever. But you look like a damn fool."
Heather: I really doubt Mom said you looked like a damn fool.
Jessie: Yeah well, she was thinking it.

1 comment:

Allie. Andersen said...

I did not!!!