12.12.2006

My weekend...

...was the second best weekend of my life. Second only to the weekend I got married.

This past weekend I got to meet my twin nieces who are back together again and home after 24 hrs of labor and a few days apart so Baby A, (aka Danny, aka Madison) could get some extra love and attention in the Kaiser Morse NICU.

I am so proud of my best friends. I think Ryan has fallen in love again; you can watch every time he looks at his girls. And I am in awe of Brittaney and the way she is handling all the stress of being a new mom.

One of my favorite parts of the weekend was getting to watch Uncle Grant change a diaper, for the first time. You would think that with 5 nephews already, they opportunity would have presented itself, but strangely enough this is not the case. And I have to say, he did an excellent job. First time ever on a 4-day-old baby girl is no easy task.

However, my most favorite part was being in the same room as all the amazing people I am so lucky to be friends with. I think the babies agree that they were just born into a pretty awesome family.

I love you Ella and Madison.



1 comment:

Toni said...

Awww...You are the best Auntie H Dog those girls will ever have! Great post Heather, seriously, and I'm just saying that I echo the sentiments...way to go Meyers and here's to the twins!