12.22.2006

A girl can dream...

When it comes to buying a house, I am very pessimistic. My husband regularly hears me utter, "We are never going to buy a house." Too which he responds, "Yes we will." I know, it is a riveting conversation.

But like, houses are like expensive and stuff. I mean, I'm all like, I have bills and like rent that is all, like, really expensive and stuff. And it like, makes it like, really hard to like, buy, like, a really great investment and all when like, I have to pay for all this other stuff like, every month. I'm all like, what the hell!

And the process itelf of buying a house is terrifying. When I hear people talk about all the steps and paperwrok involved, I actually turn into that 15 year-old-girl quoted above.

"Wait, your escrow closed? Oh know, when will it open again?"

You see what I mean.

One of the things I have discussed with Grant is the possibilty of us having to aim low. I am talking low. We live in the Bay Area for God's sake and we are not planning on going anywhere. So I am saying if we want to stay here, our first house is going to have be purchased in a city that no self-respecting Bay Arean would choose to live unless forced. Grant wants to live in Palo Alto. As far as I am concerned that is never going to happen unless he puts "East" in front of that city.

I realize the following conversation may cause a stir. Please note, it was Grant that made the comment:

Heather: Maybe someday when Madison and Ella are old enough, they will ask, "Mom, why haven't we seen Uncle Grant and Auntie Heather and our cousins in a long time?" And then Brittaney will say, "Well, because Uncle Grant is a rock star and he is on tour again."
Grant: Yeah right. No, I think it will go more like this:

Hypothetical Babies: Mom, why haven't we seen Uncle Grant and Auntie Heather and our cousins in a long time?
Hypotheitical Brittaney: Well, because they live in Hayward now...and we don't go there.

He is finally coming around.

No comments: