10.02.2006

I found heaven.

Or, I went to the Ferry Building in San Francisco for the first time. I have one question after the experience:

Why did I not know about this sooner and why can't I live there?

As many of you may know, my husband is a very lucky man. I say this because I am what is known of as a "foodie." I have also been lovingly referred to as a "food hound." The ferry building, if you will, is the mother ship calling me home. All the shops are devoted to fancy food and wine. And in my book, who really needs anything else.

At one point I asked Grant, "Is it weird that I have a college degree in Child Development and I want to quit my job and work in this market?" To which he replied, "No. Look at how giddy you are."

Well, if you had seen tables of organic heirloom tomatoes and wheels of cheese the size of, well, wheels, you would have been giddy too! Giddy as a school girl...a big fat, full-of-organic-bakery-goods-and-gelato school girl.

No comments: