10.14.2005

Now...the honeymoon...

...was fantastic. Italy was amazing. Everyone should go if you have the chance. Rome was insane. It was huge, crazy and busy. Several times we were almost hit by cars and/or vespas. The ruins of the Roman forum and the Colosseum were unreal and the Vatican was one of the most impressive things I have ever seen in my life and the gelato was amazing.

Positano was like nothing I had ever seen before. It was beautiful, charming and quaint depite the 2 days of thunder and lightning storms. The houses and shops started at the beach and acended vertically up the hill side. The seafood was out of this world, the limoncello was fantastic and again, the gelato was amazing.

Although it was hard to leave, the last few days in Italy involved pretty hellish traveling and were were definitly ready to come home to our friends, family and our own bed.

One thing I did realize while on our honeymoon was that we have the best friends and family in the world. There were often times when we would see something so amazing and I would think, "I wish our friends were hear to see this too. They would love it." How cool do your friends have to be so that you actually miss them while on your honeymoon. Of course there were times when I was very glad you were not there but seriously, I love you guys.

Apparently, Brittaney missed me so much, that she took a little trip herself. Please find your way to her sight because I think she just might be the funniest person I know.

2 comments:

Brittaney said...

My favorite part: Where you talked about the holy city and gelato in the same sentence without so much as a comma. The Pope mint choclate chip.

Toni said...

Did Brittaney just comment about someone not taking Catholicism seriously? Have I slipped into a parallel universe again? And just so you know, he's German, so he probably likes Rocky Road. Just saying...