8.31.2005

“I’ll take Cosmo…and throw in a shooting while you are at it.”

Never in a million years did I think I would be spending about 2 minutes of my bachorlette party hiding under a table waiting to hear the sound of gun fire. Looking back on the ordeal I realize that the best case scenario happened in the worst case scenario and that is the most important thing to remember. But I am not going to lie; I have never been so scared in my life.

However, I refused to let it bring down the party, so the girls and I got the hell out of downtown Sac and went to Mandango’s (my old stomping ground) where I proceeded to have several more drinks purchased for me. Needless to say, was feeling good.

I delayed this post because I was trying to come up with the perfect way to re-tell the events of August 27, 2005. But, it looks like Toni and Brittaney beat me too it and I could not have said it better myself. Please see below:

Preconceived notions are a dangerous thing....we thought we'd dance on the table at the bar, instead we hid underneath one. –Toni

Thank you Mrs. Delp for teaching me, not only earthquake, but drive-by survivor skills as well. I would say we should do it again sometime but, let's face it, one shooting per lifetime is more than enough. –Brittaney.

1 comment:

Brittaney said...

Yes! I've never been quoted!