8.12.2004

Well this can't be good.

I am driving home from work today and the dj says "Up next, we have Ashlee Simpson's Pieces of Me." And even though it was just me, sitting alone in my car, on the drive home, out loud I said, "Oh, cool!" I then proceeded to turn the volume up and sing every word of the song from memory.

Now, it is not like I am going to run out and buy her album from Target or anything, and it is not like it is my favorite song right now, but I just can't resist the catchy lyrics. And hey, I am a self proclaimed "Newlyweds" junkie. I just can't get enough of the Nick and Jessica! However, I am really not a fan of Jessica's work. And to be honest, I will often turn the channel when a Jessica Simpson song comes on. But I feel differently about little punk rock Ash.

Don't get me wrong, I am fully aware that she only has a music career because of the huge success of her older sis. And, as my very talented musician of a boyfriend pointed out, it doesn't really say much about you as a musician when you are already a signed recording artist but you have never had a sound check because you have never performed before.

So maybe you think I am a total loser for singing along to this new radio hit and maybe I am. That's why I keep Grant around anyway; to keep my music library well rounded. But Allie, you got my back, right sista?

P.S. Check out all the "Pieces of Me" (heh heh) on my new profile!

No comments: