4.15.2004

The water was turned off at my school so I have been subbing at other sites that need help. In my experience, a new face in the classroom becomes the "instant favorite" of all the students in the class. Several of the kids immediately took a liking to me. One little boy, who happens to be an exact clone of my cousin Cameron, told me I was pretty at least three times today. Everyone wants me to sit with them, everyone wants to sit on my lap and it is all very cute.

Here is a very funny conversation I had with a little girl who had three flowers in her hands.

Child: Which flower do you want teacher?
Me: I get to pick one?
Child: Uh-huh.
Me: Ok, this one.
Child: Ok, but first you have to spend the night at my house.
Me: I can't have a flower unless I spend the night at your house?
Child: Uh-huh.
(Child pauses and stares at me)
Child: So when can you come?