11.09.2003

Jessie and I found a 50 dollar bill on the ground today. We were on a walk and happened to look down simultaneously and see the folded bill that had apparently dropped out of someone's pocket. It was folded in a way that you couldn't see how much it was worth. I guess we just both assumed that it was a 5 and maybe a 20 if we were lucky.

We both just stood there like we didn't know what to do with the money; like we were stealing it or something. We looked around, but there was no one. (And even if there was, what are you going to do? Yell out "Excuse me sir, did you drop this 50?")

It was at this point that I looked at the building behind me. Well, it is not so much a building as it is a church. Mission San Jose to be exact. The house of God, if you will. I looked at Jessie and said, "I don't think we can spend this money."

As much as I would like to have an extra 50 dollars and as much as Jessie probably needs an extra 50 dollars, I feel like finding that money had to be a sign. Plus, it was never my money to begin with. Money I did not think I had and was only lucky to stumble upon. We have decided to spend the money on toys for needy kids at Christmas time. I feel a little selfish only because I hope the saying "What goes around comes around" holds true.

No comments: