2.11.2009

My advice: Be careful on the highways.


Modarres Highway / Tehran by Hamed Saber (Hamed Saber)


My late Great-Grandmother was full of great one liners. Some of these included:



"That girl was thinner than a bar of soap with a weeks worth of wash on it!"



OR



"That child was slower than molasses in winter!"



Besides these, she was known making some inappropriate comments that only a 95 year old women can get away with saying. One, for example, was the time she unknowing thought that "lesbians" were "Lebanese people." Awesome.



She also gave me some of the best advice. Every time she would write me a letter or talk to me on the phone she would say, "Be careful on the highways." What better advice is that? And what better place to be extra careful? Since she lived in West Virginia, it was her way of making sure we were mindful drivers. Well, mindful drivers that hopefully will not be influenced by those crazy San Francisco "Lebanese."

2 comments:

Brittaney said...

OMG. I almost wet myself when I read the lesbian paragraph.

Also, love that my word verification word was "dingbon".

Anonymous said...

That's great.