3.12.2008

Conversations with Jessie

Voicemail message:
Um hey, it's me. I think I need to go to counseling or something because I can't seem to stop myself from lying to strangers. I don't know what my problem is, I guess I panic or something. I don't know, call me back.


Heather: Hey. I got your message. What are you talking about?
Jessie: I can't not lie to strangers.
Heather: Like that time you told the Mormon missionaries that came to the door you were not interested because we were moving to Montana?
Jessie: Yeah. And the time that that guy asked me about my "fighting Irish" temporary tattoo and I said it was because Dad went to Notre Dame.
Heather: So, what did you do this time?
Jessie: I was at Starbucks this morning and I was wearing running pants and running shoes and the barista asked me, 'Going for a run?' And I said 'Yeah.' Then he asked me how much I run and I said, 'I like to do about 2 miles a day. I am trying to work my way up.'
Heather: Jessie! You know all you have to say is, "No actually, I don't run. Thank you for my latte."
Jessie: I know.
Heather: Where do you get this from. It's not like Mom and Dad lie!
Jessie: I think I panic. Or maybe it is thrilling for me to see how far I can take the story....I have issues.

1 comment:

Allie. Andersen said...

Bravo! another great CWJ

You two crack me up!