4.24.2007

Feathered friends

My Grandpa made me a birdhouse that hangs outside my kitchen window. I hung it outside with the intention of it only being something cute to look at. I guess I never thought that the house which is intended for birds to live in would actually serve its purpose as real estate. One morning, I was pleasantly surprised to find that a couple of birds decided it was time to settle down and raise a family in a house in a safe neighborhood with a white picket fence. I mean that quite literally; look at the picture. Spike and Maude,(that is what I named them)have been really great expectant parents. It has been fun to watch them each day.

Today, while I was making dinner, Spike was bringing Maude a little dinner of her own. A big, fat, still alive, still writhing caterpillar stuck betwixt Spike's tiny beak. Nature in my own backyard...Disgusting.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Is Maude mooning you?

Heather said...

In this picture, no. She is facing the camera but is just moving so she is a little blurry. Funny that you should ask though because just moments after I snapped the shot she flipped me off and told me to mind my own business. I think she was drunk again. Just saying.