1.25.2007

It would mean having to live in my brother-in-law's attic....

I am watching Full House and it is the one where Uncle Jesse gets a record deal and Jesse and the Rippers are going to go on tour but at the same time Rebecca finds out she is going to have a baby and she just doesn't know how she is going to tell him. Getting a record deal would be the chance of a lifetime for Jesse and the Rippers. I mean, they had always planned on starting a family but not for a couple of years! And before you know it, the entire family knows about the baby. Everyone but Jesse that is. And that little Michelle just has the hardest time keeping a secret! Oh, the conflict! But when she tells him in that riveting game of Win, Lose or Draw (Cheese, 1/2, ink = she's having. What a hoot!) she realizes that although Uncle Jesse is nervous about the change he excited at the same time and ready to be a father and she had nothing to worry about all along. Sigh....

As I watched this episode the other day I asked myself two questions:

1. Why the hell am I watching Full House right now?

2. Why am I getting emotional over Uncle Jesse and Rebecca's unborn baby?

As soon as the famous "tender moment" Full House music started to play, my eyes started to well up. Well, Rebecca is married to a rock star and she gets to have a baby! I was actually jealous of and yearned for that moment on the cheesiest sitcom that ever was and that ever will be, so much so, it nearly brought tears to my eyes. I thought to myself, I want that!

Oh man. Maybe I should get a puppy.

2 comments:

Brittaney said...

OMG. I was watching Full House the other day and about half way through I also thought... "why the hell am I watching Full House right now." This is why we are best friends and you are my Heather.

Heather said...

So true my Brittaney....so true.